I can't even begin to explain how excited that I am to have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Kimberley of Kimberleywrites.com If you're looking for good content on lifestyle, or if you have some downtime in your business day to read some of her short stories; head over to her blog to check it out. I promise that you won't be disappointed!
As a new blogger, I truly am grateful for this opportunity and I appreciate Kimberley for considering me. I am a new and upcoming blogger from Milwaukee, WI and I'm always looking for ways to expand my brand; and to meet other like-minded bloggers!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
Okoto Enigma created this award as a way for blogs that haven't been discovered, to gain some recognition.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. - Okoto Enigma
Mystery Blogger Award Rules
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules
3. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5. Tell your readers 3 things about you
6. Nominate 10-20 people
7. Notify your nominees
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions; include a weird or funny question (specify)
9. Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things about me:
1. I really hate being cold and Winter is my least favorite season, but I want to move to New York City.
2. I can't stand being "overly mushy" when in a relationship. It makes me feel like I'm being smothered, and I hate that feeling. You can show me that you love me, but still give me my personal space.
3. I own more journals than I'm able to count, and none of them are completely filled from front to back.
My questions from Kimberley:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I've always been a very sociable person, even though at times I can be a little shy. I've also always been that individual that people confided in, no matter what it was about. So I guess I just took my love for helping people and their desire to want my help, and created a blog. I know that I'm very knowledgable and that I have a lot to say, so what better platform to use for that than my own, personal blog.
2. How do you deal with writers block?
It's funny that you ask this question because I'm literally coming back from the worst month of writer's block that I've experienced with blogging. Honestly, I embrace the moments that I'm able to just sit down, uninterrupted, and write for a good hour or so. For the moments that I find myself like, "What am I even writing about?" I tend to walk away from it completely and find something else to occupy my time. Believe it or not, it helps with finding inspiration.
3. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
"Diamonds are built under pressure!"
4. If your life story became a movie which actor/actress would you want to play you and why?
Hmm, tricky, but there's really no actress that I feel could "body" my role. Although neither of these women are known for acting in movies, they both posses qualities that I can see in myself; and when I think of both women I imagine myself. So I would definitely have to decide between India Arie and Erykah Badu. (Don't judge me, judge your mother!)
5. What's your idea for the next greatest invention (weird question)?
I'm a lame, I can't think of anything! :)
5 Questions for My Nominees
1. Who/what has been your biggest inspiration when it comes to blogging? Why?
2. What inspired your brand/blog name? What other options did you have before deciding on the one you did?
3. What is your writing ritual? How do you prepare yourself to write a post?
4. What website do you visit most often?
5. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done? (Weird Question)